Truxedo tonneau covers are a popular truck bed cover solution known for their easy installation, low-profile design, and durability. Like any accessory, tonneau covers may need replacement parts from time to time. So where can you buy parts for Truxedo tonneau covers when something needs fixing or replacing?
Where to Find Replacement Parts for Truxedo Tonneau Covers
There are several places truck owners can purchase genuine OEM or aftermarket replacement parts for Truxedo soft, hard, and rolling tonneau covers. Here are some of the top options:
One of the best places to find parts for your Truxedo tonneau cover is directly from the manufacturer’s website at truxedo.com. Truxedo offers a wide selection of genuine replacement parts for all their tonneau cover models.
You can browse parts by the specific tonneau cover model you have or search by keyword for the part you need. Truxedo has installation instructions and diagrams available to make replacing parts easy. Their website also has informational videos showing how to install or repair certain components.
Purchasing directly from Truxedo ensures you receive high-quality, factory-made parts designed to fit your tonneau cover perfectly. The downside is that their parts tend to be more expensive than third-party options.
Amazon is another convenient place to buy both genuine Truxedo OEM parts as well as affordable aftermarket components. Sellers on Amazon offer replacement parts like:
- Tonneau cover clamps and fasteners
- Latch assemblies
- Tension control screws
- Vinyl cover fabric
- Bed rail caps
- Rear header seals
- And more
Amazon has a huge selection of tonneau accessories and parts from various brands. You can find exact Truxedo OEM parts as well as universal parts that fit Truxedo covers. Always double check that the parts match your specific Truxedo model before ordering.
Auto Parts Stores
Major auto parts retailers like AutoZone, O’Reilly Auto Parts, NAPA, and Advance Auto Parts carry some Truxedo tonneau cover replacement parts in their stores and online. The selection is usually limited compared to sites like Amazon or Truxedo’s website. But you can find common parts like:
- Tonneau clamps
- Gas shocks
- Vinyl cover fabric
- Foam bumpers
- Retainer strips
- Mounting hardware
The benefit of stores like O’Reilly and AutoZone is you can pick up parts conveniently on your way home. And employees are available in-store to help ensure you get the right components for your cover. Just call ahead to check availability of the specific Truxedo parts you need.
Surprisingly, Walmart stocks various tonneau cover parts from brands like Truxedo, BakFlip, Extang, and more. They have components like:
- Replacement vinyl cover fabric
- Clamp kits
- Gas struts
- Mounting rails
- Retainer strips
Walmart has everyday low prices on these replacement parts and accessories. You can have items shipped to your home or use their in-store pickup option. Just make sure the parts match your exact Truxedo model before purchasing.
Truck Outfitters Plus is an online retailer selling aftermarket parts for truck accessories like tonneau covers, racks, and hitches. They stock direct replacement parts for Truxedo covers including:
- Tonneau clamps
- Tension knobs
- Gas charged struts
- Header seals
- Retainer strips
- And more
Their website makes it easy to search for the parts you need at reasonable prices. Truck Outfitters Plus has good customer service and fast shipping too.
Another excellent online source for tonneau cover parts is etrailer.com. They have one of the biggest selections of replacement components like:
etrailer carries exact fit Truxedo OEM parts as well as alternatives from reputable brands that work for Truxedo covers. Their website makes finding the right parts simple with helpful filters and diagrams. You can easily get free shipping on orders over $99 too.
What Kind of Replacement Parts Are Available?
Truxedo tonneau covers are made up of various components that may need replacing over time. Here are some of the most common Truxedo tonneau cover parts you can buy:
Tonneau Cover Fabric
The vinyl fabric cover is one part that wears out over years of use. Replacing the cover restores the look and function of your tonneau cover. Make sure to get fabric designed specifically for your Truxedo model for the best fit.
Latches and Clamps
Latches, clamps, and fasteners are how tonneau covers secure to the truck bed. These parts can break or wear out over time. Replacing them restores the tight seal. Make sure to get the exact latch type and size for your particular Truxedo cover.
Hinges connect the folding panels on soft roll-up and hinged tonneau covers. Broken hinges prevent smooth operation. Look for robust stainless steel replacement hinges made for your cover.
Gas charged struts support the tonneau cover lid on models like the Truxedo Lo Pro QT. Worn out struts make opening the cover difficult. Replacements restore smooth, easy lifting.
Header seals create a weatherproof barrier along the front of the truck bed. Look for seals made from dense closed-cell foam to replace worn seals.
Bed Rail Cap Clips
These small plastic clips attach the cover’s side rail caps firmly to the bed rails. Broken clips allow the caps to detach. Replacement clip kits are inexpensive.
Rolling covers use tension screws to adjust how tightly the cover hugs the bed. Replacing stripped tension knobs restores the tight fit.
Over time, the bolts, washers, and nuts that mount the rails to the truck bed can vibrate loose or get damaged. Replacements tighten up the installation.
How to Determine Which Parts You Need
Figuring out exactly which replacement Truxedo parts to buy for your cover can be tricky. Here are some tips for determining which components you need:
- Consult your owner’s manual – Your Truxedo manual will have exploded parts diagrams along with part numbers. This info makes it easy to order the right OEM parts.
- Get the tonneau cover model – Note your cover’s specific model name and number (e.g. Truxedo Lo Pro QT 1007). This ensures part compatibility.
- Inspect components – Visually examine parts like hinges, latches, and header seals to determine which need replacing.
- Measure components – Use a tape measure to measure the dimensions of any latches, hinges, or hardware to get the right size replacement.
- Contact seller – If unsure about part compatibility, contact Truxedo or the parts seller prior to purchasing. They can help determine the correct component.
- Buy extra hardware – When ordering mounting hardware, purchase some extra nuts, bolts, washers, and plastic rivets so you have spares on hand.
Taking the time to order the exact right Truxedo parts saves you from receiving incorrect or incompatible components. Consulting your owner’s manual and closely examining your cover are the best ways to identify which parts need replacing.
Installing Replacement Truxedo Parts
Once you’ve purchased replacement Truxedo tonneau cover parts, it’s time to tackle the installation. Here are some tips for smoothly switching out components:
- Review the installation directions that come with the new parts. Also reference your cover’s owner’s manual for helpful diagrams.
- Have basic hand tools ready – you’ll need wrenches, screwdrivers, Allen keys, trim removal tools, and a power drill, at a minimum.
- Work slowly and carefully when removing the old parts to avoid damaging surrounding components.
- Take pictures during disassembly to help with re-installation.
- Clean all mounting surfaces thoroughly before attaching new parts.
- Apply thread locker fluid to any hardware like bolts and screws for maximum hold.
- Don’t over tighten mounting hardware – snug it down just until secure to prevent cracking plastic parts.
- Test the operation of any moving parts like hinges or latches to ensure smooth movement after installing replacements.
- Weather seal any seams or edges after installing new components to prevent leaks.
- Refer to YouTube for video walkthroughs showing replacement procedures for your specific Truxedo model.
- Seek professional installation assistance if you don’t feel comfortable performing the repairs yourself.
Taking the time to properly install new Truxedo parts prevents leaks, damage, and premature failure. Following directions and working methodically makes the job much smoother.
Top Truxedo Replacement Parts to Keep on Hand
Having a few key Truxedo tonneau cover parts on hand allows you to quickly fix problems when they pop up. Here are some of the top components to keep in stock:
- Tonneau cover fabric – Keeping extra vinyl cover fabric lets you patch rips or tears right away. Use adhesive seam tape on the underside.
- Latch assemblies – Having spare latches means you can quickly swap out broken ones without waiting for shipments.
- Tension knobs – Keep extras of these plastic knobs on hand so you can restore sagging covers immediately.
- Foam bumpers – These prevent cover rattling. Replacements stop annoying noise.
- Rail end caps – End caps get damaged over time. Having spares maintains the finished look.
- Drain tubes – Keep extras of these plastic tubes, which prevent water pooling on the cover.
- Hardware kits – These o-rings, gaskets, bolt packs cover any loose or missing pieces.
Keeping these common wear parts stocked up eliminates cover downtime and frustration when parts unexpectedly break or fail.
Where to Get Assistance with Truxedo Parts
If you need any help determining which replacement parts fit your particular Truxedo soft roll up, hinged, or retractable tonneau cover, there are many resources available:
- Call Truxedo’s customer service line at 1-800-663-0611 for expert parts recommendations from the manufacturer.
- Email Truxedo with your cover model, truck specifics, and parts questions. Their team will advise you on the ideal components to order.
- Consult with online retailers like Amazon sellers, etrailer.com, or RealTruck.com via email or phone to confirm compatible parts.
- Post on truck owner forums asking for advice on sourcing parts from owners of the same Truxedo model.
- Visit truck accessories shops to speak with experts who can identify the parts you need in person.
- Watch online install videos that highlight removal and replacement of Truxedo components.
With all the available parts resources, you can easily determine which components require replacement and where to find them for your particular Truxedo. Doing your research ensures you get the right parts the first time.
Frequently Asked Questions About Truxedo Parts
Truxedo tonneau cover owners often have similar questions when it comes time to replace components. Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about Truxedo parts:
Are parts universal between different Truxedo models?
No, most Truxedo parts are model-specific and not interchangeable between different Truxedo tonneaus. Components like fabric, latches, and hardware differ for each cover. Always match the part numbers to your exact Truxedo model.
Where can I find part diagrams for my cover?
Your Truxedo owner’s manual will contain exploded parts diagrams and lists to help you identify components. You can also find breakdown diagrams on some retailer websites or on Truxedo’s site.
How can I tell if hardware is metric or standard?
Refer to your owner’s manual – it will list the hardware sizes. You can also remove a bolt and bring it to any auto parts store – they can identify the thread size.
Will aftermarket parts void my Truxedo warranty?
Installing third-party replacement parts does not automatically void the Truxedo warranty. However, using poor quality parts that then damage the cover may invalidate claims. Stick to reputable aftermarket brands or OEM parts when possible.
Where can I get parts for discontinued Truxedo models?
For older, discontinued covers, your best source is eBay or salvage yards where you may find NOS (new old stock) components. You can also search for used parts on marketplace sites.
Can I return Truxedo parts if I order the wrong ones?
Yes, most reputable Truxedo parts sellers allow returns of unopened, unused items for a refund. However, you’ll pay return shipping. Contact the seller to confirm policies before purchasing.
Buying replacement parts is inevitable for tonneau cover owners. Hopefully this guide provides the information you need to source the right components for your Truxedo model. With quality factory or aftermarket parts and proper installation, you can keep your cover functioning like new.